new back

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sex Rox!!!!





Sex Rox!!!
Sex Rox!!!
Okay..so maybe it does, but those are in no way words we expected to hear from our 7 year old!
I have been so excited that Kendryn and Cara are learning to read. They like to amuse themselves by trying to read signs as we are driving in the car.
Yesterday on our way to a crazy busy pumpkin patch, Kendryn started to chant these words over and over.
Sex Rox!
(Lots of emphasis on all of the s's!)
John and I were talking in the front and didn't catch what she was saying. Ally, however, being 11 and having taken reproductive health last year started to freak out, turn bright red, and laugh uncontrollably. Then Kendryn started spelling it over and over and over...S-E-X R-O-X, S-E-X R-O-X, S-E-X R-O-X !

I thought she was saying the number 6, but NOOOO!
When we asked her what she was talking about, she told us she had just read it.... John thinks it may have been a bumper sticker.

I vacillated between laughing really hard and being quite horrified that there was a sign anywhere in public that Kendryn could lay eyes on that said those words! I think my greatest fear is that she will repeat them at school or church!

We ended up at Lee's farm pumpkin patch and had a great time together! Our kiddos are growing up so fast! We got some really cute pictures of them and it makes me realize how quickly time has passed! I keep reminding myself to stop and enjoy it!

1 comment:

Gusti said...

Welcome to the blog world, it's nice here, I think you will like it. I'm having lots of fun with Quinn.