new back

Saturday, November 14, 2009

In Loving Memory



This summer my Mom's side of the family gathered in Coos Bay for a memorial. It was a time to celebrate the lives of two fabulous people that we had lost. One, my Nana, had lived a full life and passed away at 95. The other, my Uncle Mike had lived a hard life and left this world too soon, leaving behind two beautiful children and a grandchild he never got the chance to meet. As we gathered at my Grandma's house and reflected on these lives that had touched ours, I was grateful for many things. Most of all I am so grateful that we have choices. No matter the mistakes our parents make, or that we make as we progress in this life, we always have a choice. It is never too late to change, never too late to make things right. As long as we are here on this earth we can make a choice to positively (or negatively..but I am focusing on the positive) affect the world and those around us. I am grateful for the opportunity to self-evaluate and make corrections in my life. I still have a long way to go, but that thought gives me hope!

No comments: